Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Todays lunch


Today's lunch was sauteed dandelion leaves and roots with garlic and eggs. It was very good. I cut up the leaves and steamed them in my steamer. While they were steaming, I  sauteed the roots and garlic in butter. I then added some leaves and two scrambled eggs. I seasoned this with cayenne pepper (which I put on everything for its health benefits), added some of my turmeric paste, (also for health), and when it was almost done cooking I added some mozzarella cheese that was made from unpasteurized milk.  I tried adding pictures but for some reason blogger won't let me. (Or maybe it is my computer.) Next time, I think I will boil the leaves as they were a little strong tasting.
I was also going to post pics of my bread but...oh well....maybe next time!!!
With spring here I just don't have time to blog like I would like to. Things are very busy! That and having to drive and pick up BF form work...well that takes two hours out of my day! Hopefully we can find some help for him to get his cataract surgery soon!!!  
Okay..I went back in to edit and now it let me post pictures....go figure! 
I love this quote from Jesse Ventura.
  We Ain’t Got Time To Bleed. It’s Time for the Revolution.


“You control our world. You’ve poisoned the air we breathe, contaminated the water we drink, and copyrighted the food we eat. We fight in your wars, die for your causes, and sacrifice our freedoms to protect you. You’ve liquidated our savings, destroyed our middle class, and used our tax dollars to bailout your unending greed. We are slaves to your corporations, zombies to your airwaves, servants to your decadence. You’ve stolen our elections, assassinated our leaders, and abolished our basic rights as human beings. You own our property, shipped away our jobs, and shredded our unions. You’ve profited off of disaster, destabilized our currencies, and raised our cost of living. You’ve monopolized our freedom, stripped away our education, and have almost extinguished our flame. We are hit… we are bleeding… but we ain’t got time to bleed. We will bring the giants to their knees and you will witness our revolution.” -Former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura, 4/12/11                                        

1 comment:

  1. The bread looks yummy! I am (almost) too busy to blog now as well. Wish I could find unpasteurized cows milk here....at $9 a gallon the local goats milk drains my food budget. Did manage to pick 3 gallons of beautiful blueberries this morning, locally of course.

    ReplyDelete